Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mi hermana esta en Espana


Right now my sister Anna is studying abroad in Spain! She is there for three weeks and her trip is already a third of the way over. I am so proud of her for pursuing her studies the way she has for her Spanish major. I know that she will look back on her experience and be proud for going! She is great at speaking the language and you can tell how much she loves Spanish when she talks about it. I know that being there in Spain will help her when she is teaching her students in class one day. :) Anna and I have always been very close so it is hard not being able to talk to her everyday. There have been several times over the last week when I have dialed her number and then remembered I would have to wait a bit longer to talk to her. Time goes by quickly though so it will be soon enough! Not many people know this, but I want to have at least three kids as a result of how much Anna means to me. Growing up we did everything together, from spying on our big sister while she was with her boyfriends, to building forts in the yard, to playing basketball to the tune of our Space Jam CD, to playing football on the N64 until the wee hours of the morning. I love you lots sis and I am looking forward to renting movies when you get back and spending ALL day on a Saturday watching them with you! (We can order take-out from Brass Lantern too with some fruit tea....YUM)

1 comment:

  1. Everybody get up it's time to slam now...We got a real jam goin' down...Welcome to the Space Jam...Here's your chance, do your dance...at the Space Jam
    Alright...

    Holla! I can see us now, your CD player hooked up to the extension cord, b-balls in hand, and us restarting that song about 100 hundred times in a row. Those were the days and oh how I wish I could go there again. Do you remember the first time I said a cuss word outloud? When we were playing each other on Blitz 200 on the N64. I said the "s" word haha, I think you were probably 14 then. And I'll never forget it was starting to rain one day and we set up tent on the swing set and spent all day listening to the rain. Or those times I would get bruises all over my hips because someone wanted to keep twisting the swings around each other.

    I write this at 1:48 A.M. your time as I'm getting ready to go to class with my profesora espanola :) It's times like these that I know I will remember for the rest of my life. Driving down the road and seeing the millions of olive tree's...seeing my first really hot authentic spanish boy...sitting at lunch with my host's mothers entire family realizing I couldn't understand a word even if I tried. :)

    I miss you so much Lindsay. And I cannot wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete