Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Goals for the week

What are your primary goals right now? You can tell a lot about a person by what their current goals are. I’m thinking more in terms of short-term goals rather than the long-term ones. There is a significant difference in the two.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said the following about goals: "To achieve happiness, we should make certain that we are never without an important goal." It’s simple. But it’s true.

I’m not one for making lists (Sorry-I could be halfway done with the task at hand before I get my list prepared) but I do like to have a few short, attainable goals in mind to keep me motivated and moving forward. I like to sense that I am progressing in some type of direction and that there is meaning in my every day routines. The most important thing to me is having several “mini-goals” so that I feel I can actually achieve them in a short period, and don’t talk myself out of being able to do them before I even get started….

This week I have two main goals: 1) De-cluttering our home and 2) Learning how to make the twin’s baby food on my own. Earlier I said you can tell a lot about a person by what their goals are. Does that mean I have a not-so-perfectly-clean-home on occasion and could possibly be wanting to save a little money? Maybe. Or maybe not. :) I must say it is amazing to me how fast our home can get messy. When we wake up on Sunday to a mostly clean home and we get the babies ready for church, then leave and come home, I’m a bit embarrassed to say the house is typically a whirlwind of scattered bows, baby shoes, nightgowns, soggy diapers (Major EWW), half-finished bottles, leftover breakfast…you get the idea.

But they say it takes 21 days to break a habit, so does that mean I have 21 Sundays to go in keeping a clean home before I can achieve it? Whew that’s close to half a year! Better luck next time Lindsay! But I would say I am about 65% to my goals for this week, which is impressive to me since we are not quite halfway through the week…so here is to a super-clean home and delicious homemade baby food that the babies just can’t resist!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a heard time keeping my house clean and I don't have any babies! I'm scared to see what the joint is going to look like once we reproduce. I also love that you are making your own baby food. I plan to do the same so let us know how it goes. I love when you blog!! I know you don't have much time to do it, but just know that we are here when you do :). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete