Friday, February 24, 2012

Easy Breezy

Every stage with the twins is new and fun, but I must say that at 15 months old, these are my most favorite days ever. I am not accustomed to how easy our days are now! I am so impressed with my sweeties! I think I have been so used to running around like a wild Indian grabbing bottles, changing diapers, feeding babies, and picking up toys that I forgot how to sit still and simply relax. And I actually get so much rest at night now that I don't even need to take a nap when they do during the day. WOW. Never thought that would happen. :) Billy typically sleeps for 11 hour stints and Brooklyn sleeps in at least 8 or more hour stints (she occasionally stirs about 30 minutes after bedtime but will then go back to sleep and stay asleep). I feel so blessed and do not take it one bit for granted.

We have officially made it over that hump of exhaustion that we (enjoyably of course) experienced over the first year. I feel quite accomplished. :)

These days, the twins are saying more and more words and they are playing so well during the day. There are times when Brooklyn will just come sit in my lap for fifteen minutes or more, or Billy will lay on his sleeping bag and just simply hang out, and it is so nice! They also understand me clearly. If I ask Brooklyn to bring me a book or her baby doll, she will go grab one or the other and bring it back. Or if I ask Billy if he is hungry or wants a bite-bite (food) he will come to me or go to his high chair. Easy breezy.

The only real struggle we have is getting them to sit still during worship service. Whew they hate being confined! And I understand. I have been trying to pull out all the stops though and it is getting easier. :)

Billy IV told me he loved me for the first time last night. Since the day they were born, I have told the twins I love them thousands of times (literally), and to see him make eye contact with me and say those words melted me into a puddle of mush. God is so good!

I am so thankful for these two amazing blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment