Sunday, March 18, 2012

St Louis Trip and updates on the twins!




The twins are getting bigger and bigger these days! I still refer to them as babies, but I guess when Billy IV starts walking full-time I will have to own up and refer to them as toddlers. He is up to sixteen steps so far. He does things on his own time. He carries around his basketballs on the back of his legs and will crawl everywhere with them. It is quite the skill. And he is mad fast at crawling, so I suppose he sees no need to walk. Secretly, I think he knows it will be hard on mommy for Brooklyn and he to not offically be "babies" anymore so he is being kind and crawling for my benefit. ;)

A little over a week ago Netty and Big Daddy kept the twins Thursday night through Sunday night so Billy and I could go on a anniversary/Halloween convention trip. Ah yes, Halloween. My husband is obsessed. Every year in March, there is a huge Halloween convention in St Louis, MO. I think this year was it's 17th year running (my husband will correct me if I am wrong). They have hundreds of vendors there. Billy was literally like a kid in a candystore. When we got out of the car, I literally had to hold his hand tightly to keep him from sprinting off to it. For once in my life, I held the credit cards. :) There were so many scary creatures there! Apparently I must look sweet and innocent, because all the owners of the vendors would see me coming and as we passed by they would suddenly push a button and BOOM! Some scary creature would jump out. I could seriously feel them watching me as I strolled along and got closer. They would be in the middle of ringing up a purchase and ta-da! A mechanical dog would jump out of it's cage or a monster would come storming out of a coffin. I tried to contain myself but jumped at least twice. Several people thought it was funny. :)


(The B&B we stayed at- I LOVE homes like this!)

Billy got several good ideas during the trip. He wants to have a haunted house/trail a few years from now. I definitely think it is something he can and will achieve. Every year he purchases a few props and builds several of his own. He is great with money and has some great plans so I am looking forward to scaring the people of Lawrenceburg and surrounding communities one day. :)

While we were in St Louis, we also enjoyed some amazing meals and I did a little shopping. I had been deathly sick the week before, and some of the sickness was still lingering but I made it through. It was nice to relax and to take it easy.

I definitely missed the twins though! When we got back to Biff and Penny's house to pick them up, I was out of the car in a flash and had them in my arms smothering them with kisses. Sorry kids. :) Billy and Brooklyn are my WORLD. Everything I do revolves around them. I am so thankful to have to a wonderful set of second parents like Biff and Penny. I don't even refer to or think of them as in-laws. They genuinely treat Adam and I like we are one of their own. That is a rarity and such a blessing. They have done so much for us, and we will have some huge shoes to fill one day when it comes our turn. And I will absolutely ensure we do the same. :)

It was nice for Billy and I to have some time to ourselves and to have the opportunity to "miss" the twins. I am of course with them 24/7 and I will admit that on those rare occasions, I do get a little exhausted and need a little time for mommy. I think the twins enjoyed having time with Netty and Big Daddy as well. When we all got home and I was helping Brooklyn get to sleep, she put her little hand on my face as she drifted off and I absolutely knew that I am right where I am supposed to be at this point in my life. I have never felt more loved or needed than I do right now. And it is such a blessing. Billy IV will often give me a big ole grin and start laughing and I can tell in his dark brown eyes how much he loves mommy. It melts my heart. :)

The twins are playing so well during the day and are saying more and more words. I am so proud of them. Brooklyn walks here, there and everywhere and I can tell she thinks she is at least 16. Billy climbs this, that, and everything. :) He is like his daddy! So thankful for these two little ones!

1 comment:

  1. Check out Billy's red hair!! I LOVE IT!!! Gald y'all got some time for yourselves!! Can't wait to hear what Big Billy has planned for Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete