Thursday, March 22, 2012

Adoration

I can't help but absolutely adore my two little ones...I absolutely eat up every single moment I have with them.

From Billy's sly grin when he climbs up on top of a toy for the tenth time (which he knows it is a no-no), to Brooklyn patting my back while giving me a hug.

From Billy's loud giggles as he barrels down the hallway chasing after a ball, to Brooklyn's sweet grin as she says kitty-kitty while looking out the front door.

From Brooklyn following me from room to room and sticking her fingers under the door while I'm in the bathroom, to Billy dancing up and down when one of his favorite Bubble Guppies episodes come on.

From Brooklyn wanting mommy, and only mommy at certain times, to Billy suddenly having the sweetest expression across his face and surprising me with a sugar.

Even when Brooklyn is kicking and huffing because she doesn't want to sit still in the church pew, or Billy gets his feelings hurt because he isn't allowed to climb to the highest point in the room, I love them so incredibly much.

These are the days.

Is it possible to adore your children too much? I think not.

Even when they are acting like little Indians and I have to discipline them, I love them that much more.

They are constantly filling my heart with so much tenderness, my actions with so much affection, my soul with so much fulfillment, my prayers with so much fervor.

I have never felt more loved or more counted on than I do now.

The stage the twins are in gets more and more fun each day. I am endlessly thrilled by each new word I hear and each new reaction I see as they explore the world around them. Children have a way of allowing us to break apart our busy lives into small segments, and they teach us to appreciate the smallest of things. Brooklyn got the biggest satisfaction out of carrying around an empty KFC box today. Billy adored the fact that he got to carry around a capri-sun drink.

With each new day, my eyes open a little more and I see just how much they are watching Billy and I, and sweetly, just how much they want to be like us and do the things we do. It gives way to a little self-examination. Exactly what am I showing them is important? How do I react when the going gets tough? What are the expressions I give? What am I showing them regarding how a husband/wife relationship should be? How often do I tell them about our Lord and His love for them? It is never too early to set a good example. Especially in the world we live in today.

Parenthood comes with some serious responsibilities.

It still amazes me to think about how far we have come over the last sixteen months. All the sleepless nights and fussy spells and sickness. It's hard to believe Brooklyn will sleep for ten hours at night and Billy gobbles up his food so well at mealtime.

I pray every night that God will give them long and fruitful lives in His Service.

Dear Lord,
Thank you so much for the two biggest blessings and accomplishments of my life. Everything I did prior to November 18th 2010 carries so little comparison and meaning to the day my precious twins entered this world and became my life's work. Please be with Billy and I and give us the knowledge, patience, and know-how to lead them to You through our consistency, our gentleness, our love. I take time everyday to kiss Billy's short, chubby feet and to hold Brooklyn's small hand. I pray that one day they will meet strong Christian mates and that they will grow together in Christ and will have a happy, Christ-centered home. May we always remember James 1:17 and always give You the glory. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a great mommy! I appreciate the positive way you always talk about your babies. That is rare in today's culture. Children are a gift from the Lord and I am so encouraged to hear other mommas proclaim that rather than hearing the constant complaints and whining about what their kids make them miss out on. Keep Keepin' on, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, this put a few tears to my eyes! What a sweet Momma to look up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys. :) They are so precious to us!

    ReplyDelete