Monday, March 26, 2012

16 month check-up!

Today was shot day for the Helton twins. I always get a little anxious before these visits, because while Billy IV handles them pretty well, Brooklyn does not. The last two shot visits, she has cried and cried and been so upset. :( Bless her. Billy IV is my tough little man and Brooklyn is our diva gal. :)

The doctor was very pleased with how the twins are growing. Billy weighed 20 lbs 5 oz and was 31 inches tall. Brooklyn weighed 21 lbs 6 oz and was 30.5 inches tall. I am very proud that their tummies are finally starting to "hang over" their pants a tad. :)

Billy IV was talking up a storm and smiling while the doctor visited with us. I love his level of independence and how easily he entertains himself. Brooklyn sat firmly in mommy's lap with her arms around me. Ha. Gotta love a genuine mommy's girl. There are true blessings to both scenerios. :)

Surprising (and thankfully), the twins handled their shots really well! They each only cried for a minute or two. I was SO relieved. It absolutely breaks my heart for them to have to get them but I know it is entirely necessary.

After their check-up, we treated them to the donut shop. The owner was so sweet and as we got ready to leave with our sweets in hand, she gave them each a donut hole to enjoy on the car trip home. They had glaze smeared all over their faces and little hands when we got home. It was precious.

We spent the day playing with toys, talking to our kitty, going on a long walk in our jogging stroller (LOVING this weather and being able to get out and about- I could see each of the twins dancing their little feet back and forth while we were strolling along), eating popsicles, and watching cartoons. I could tell the twins were a little uncomfortable tonight and were ready to turn it in for the night a little earlier than normal.

They are now sleeping soundly. :) All in all, I consider it a good day despite the shots! Tonight I was thinking about all our blessings and how thankful I am to have two healthy, happy one year olds. Thank you Lord for watching over our family! I don't take a single bit of it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment