Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012



On Sunday, the Helton Four enjoyed Easter by attending church and then going to Netty and Big Daddy's house for a yummy lunch. Netty made a delicious meal including chicken and rice casserole, ham, homemade mac and cheese, green beans, baked beans, corn on the cob, fried okra, rolls, and my favorite, grape salad. I probably missed a few menu times. I am always so in awe of her! I certainly over-ate and was miserable for a few hours. :) The twins wore their matching green smocked Easter bunny outfits. It is so much fun having twins and getting to put them in matching outfits (while they will still let me, lol). After lunch, it was already an hour past the twins nap time so we headed on home and they are going to hunt Easter eggs tonight. Might as well keep the holiday going! :)

I was laughing today looking around at all the twins toys around the house. The living room has literally been taken over by toys. Not to mention the kitchen area and their room. It won't be long before we'll have to join in with someone having a yard sale and sell some of their toys to upgrade to the next ones. Now that they are both walking well they are ready for tall/more advanced toys. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting them a tent, tunnel, sand and water station, and mini pool so we can spend some time outdoors when it warms up again. They LOVE the outdoors. They have been scared of grass until recently, but now they love it! Billy is as cool as a cucumber but Brooklyn will start squirming and moving back and forth if I try to get her up to take her inside. She is a free spirit and loves to roam in wide open spaces. (And has a tiny temper and is a little rotten ;))

Billy IV still spends several hours during the day shooting basketballs in his basketball goal and throwing/chasing balls all over the house. He is most definitely going to be a baseball or basketball player. He just has a genuine love for it. He is just like his daddy as a little boy. :) To be honest, they are each our mirror image when we were that age. Brooklyn loves books, kittys, and babies and those were the three things I was crazy about as a toddler/child. It is so funny to see how similar they are to each of us. All while we haven't encouraged one thing or the other.

Brooklyn has started getting really good with her words, animal sounds, and needs/gestures. She has been meowing like a kitty all week and now tells me if she has had a poo-poo. haha She said the word car for the first time today. Billy now brings me his cups/bowls if he wants something more to drink or grapes and he gives me such a look of adoration when I get him this or that and he sees that I know what he wants. It is the sweetest thing. It must be so nice to feel so understand after trying to learn to communicate over the past year and a half. :) He is such a sweet soul. I showed the twins a picture of my mom and dad a few days ago and he got the kindest look in his eyes and on his face. He gives his cousin Gracie sweet grins and sugars. I think the twins would continually shower Gracie with sugars if I let them. Bless her. lol

Last Thursday night we had the twins and Gracie by ourselves for the first time and they all did so well. I was a little nervous about Brooklyn becoming jealous because she is quite the mama's girl, but it was as though she understood little Gracie needed to be taken care of. She sat at my feet while I rocked Gracie and then held my hand while we walked her back to the crib for a little snooze. It is rewarding to see your children growing and learning in these ways. Billy IV stayed close to Gracie during her visit and made sure she had plenty to do and was taken care of. I can tell he is going to be so sweet and protective of her. Gracie played and played and was so good during her visit. She was a breeze! Looks like we could have handled triplets. Umm let's not get ahead of ourselves!!! JUST kidding!!!

The twins are in a bit of a separation anxiety phase right now. Brooklyn has been in one for a few months but Billy recently joined the ranks. They both immediately start crying when we enter their Bible class room at church on Wednesdays/Sundays. Bless them. I know it will pass. So thankful that they have such good teachers! A shout-out to Jennette, Emily, Mindy, and Shelly!

Don't tell daddy, but Billy has recently turned into a tad bit of a mama's boy. I think it has been since our Arab trip two weekends ago when he spent lots of extra time with mommy. Sporadically during the day, he will suddenly come to me and put his arms around me for a few minutes, and then will give me sugars. I. eat. it. up. He has always been more independent (which I am appreciative of since Brookie is a little more dependent), but it is nice to seeing him loving on mommy so much. They have started fighting over sitting in my lap at certain times during the day and both were reaching for/whining for me at the same time during church yesterday morning. Bliss.

I love my two little ones so much! So thankful to be with them and to see all their little changes day by day!




5 comments:

  1. Love it, Linds!. Your babies are getting more and more precious by the minute!! And PS I'm back at it again- onecrunchyfamily.blogspot.com Miss and love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gals!!! :) Kimberly I am so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious!!!! I love watching you with your little ones! You are a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Becky! I adore them just a tad :) Hope you enjoyed the circus and snack hr at church on Sunday, lol ;) It was so great to see yall!

    ReplyDelete