Saturday, April 28, 2012

Billy IV has always been easy on mommy. I can remember during the pregnancy, Brooklyn would be moving and moving, and he would pitter patter here and there but for the most part just floated around quietly and comfortably. I guess I should say though, in Brooklyn's defense, that she was stuck by a membrane the entire pregnancy and couldn't turn over. Bless her.

I remember one time, after reading a few absolutely terrifying stories about twin pregnancies (stay away from the computer at all costs if you are expecting), I became worrisome because Billy wasn't moving around a lot. So I teared up slightly and put my hand on my tummy ever so softly and told him mommy was worried, so if he could give me a high five or a soccer kick I would be so appreciative. Within seconds I felt a soft nudge right underneath my hand. He captured that much more of my heart in that moment.

When he was born and had to spend some time in the NICU, he would look up at you with the darkest of dark brown eyes and they would absolutely melt your heart. He is our "tough cookie." Even with the wires and the tubes, he rarely fussed. He had moments where he couldn't even keep 1 cc of milk down, and at the time I didn't realize how rough that really was, until I later saw preemies that were much younger keeping much more than that down. And then there was the time when we had to carry him to Vandy a few months after he was born in order to ensure all the bells and whistles were working correctly in his heart. Tough stuff for an mommy, and especially a mommy as sensitive as I am.

Billy absolutely adores big sister. Neither one of them can get too far without checking on the other one. If she starts to fuss during a diaper change he will bring her sippy cup to her, or if he sees her pacifier lying around he will bring it over. I adore their closeness. I think of moments in our own lives when we feel lonely or insecure, and am so thankful to know that they have been together from the very beginning, nudging each other in the womb, and now smiling, giggling, and playing together each day. They are so lucky.

Billy has been a good sleeper from about the age of six months or so. He loves his crib and typically sleeps so well at night. He is also independent and plays very well by himself. He shares toys exceptionally well and is very easily entertained. He is such a sweet soul. He gets a big grin on his face anytime Billy III gives me a hug or a kiss. If you think your kids aren't affected or influenced by your marriage relationship, think again.

When the twins were much younger and Brooklyn was more needy, he often made it seem as though I had the equivalent of one kiddo when it came to the amount of work involved because he was so easy.

As of a few weeks ago, Billy became much more of a mama's boy. He will often come to me during the day and sit in my lap, and he smiles and gives me sugars if I kneel down for one. Melts. My. Heart.

I can already tell that Billy is going to be the type of individual that thinks before he speaks, makes sure everyone is included, and is soft and gentle with others hearts. He is very much so a typical boy though! He spends most hours of the day throwing, shooting, and chasing basketballs or trying to carefully wrestle with mommy. The twins are, for the most part, night and day when it comes to their favorite toys.

Billy holds such a big piece of my heart. When I think of my greatest and most sincere moments in my mere 26 years, I think of a tiny figure in dinosaur pajamas, red hair and sweet smiles, giggles that turn into hiccups, hearing the word "mama", and precious hugs for no reason at all. You may have your daddy's looks Billy IV, but you have your mama's eyes! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment