Tuesday, July 5, 2011

~4th of July 2011~









For this year’s 4th of July, the Helton 4 spent time at Netty’s and Big Daddy’s house. We enjoyed a late afternoon meal of hamburgers, hot dogs, Pina Colada smoothies, and homemade strawberry ice cream. It was all DELICIOUS. The Sandlot was playing on TV, which is one of my ALL TIME favorites and also served to set the tone for the day. As darkness began to fall, Big Daddy and Netty kept the twins so Billy III, Ashley, and I could go watch the fireworks show in Lawrence County. It went off with a bang…well, actually, there was several loud bangs during and at the end of the show as it seemed some of the fireworks were apparently malfunctioning. All in all, we had several good laughs and I was glad that we went. You can’t have a 4th of July without a good fireworks show!

This has been the best 4th of July yet as it was the first one we got to experience with the twins. I was so excited to deck them out in their matching outfits for the occasion. While we were at the fireworks show, Ashley and I noticed a large family sitting together on a truck next to us, and I couldn’t help but think of the future and what I’m sure will be numerous exciting holidays with our families. I have always wanted a big family, as I grew up in one, and it was always so much fun at get-togethers.

This year, I had a lot of things to be thankful for and I took time during the day to think on those wonderful blessings I have received over the past year. It’s wild to think that between last year’s 4th of July celebration and this year’s celebration, I have had a son and a daughter and am getting ready to be an aunt to my first niece. God is so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment