Sunday, July 10, 2011

Living in the moment




Here lately, I have been trying to take extra care to live moment to moment.

Life with twins means twice the smiles, twice the laughs, and well, being twice as busy.

Having twins hasn't actually caused me to have to speed things up, it has actually helped me remember to slow them down. When I get up in the morning, I can''t immediately begin to think about where Billy's missing baby shoe is, what flower bow may match Brooklyn's outfit best, whether it will be cool enough for a stroll, how easily the babies will lay down for their naps, or how much longer we have before we need to buy more diapers or formula....I have learned to take things in stride and to live minute to minute. Billy and Brooklyn continually serve as reminders for me to live in the moment, while of course bearing in mind those things of importance for our future. It's amazing to me what two 8 month old babies can teach you about yourself if you slow down enough to truly take in those special moments. Beyond letting me know what faces I make are the funniest (and what faces are not ;)), the twins have helped me to remember what it feels like to be needed, how golden patience is, that you don't have to use words to communicate, and that there can be gaps in your life that you never knew existed until you have someone fill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment