Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sleepless in Tennessee

Sleepless in Tennessee after 8 months...but hopefully not for long.

As of lately, the twins have been rotating out and having cycles of "frequent wakings." Haha you say, welcome to mommyhood! :)

Last month, Billy had a period of two weeks where he woke up every hour each night. BUT as of today he has slept through the night for two weeks!!!!

Now it's Brookie's turn it appears. For two weeks, she has been getting up every hour.

I have found that I would rather be utterly exhausted than allow them to cry themselves to sleep. I have read countless articles and books that advocate both sides (CIO and nurturing your baby). After reading each article and finishing each book, I still come to the same conclusion: As a parent, it is my job to love, nourish, soothe, comfort, and build trust with my babies. Not the opposite.

You should do what is natural and instinctive as a mommy.

That being said, I have plenty of friends that have used CIO and their babies sleep soundly through the night. And sleep is extremely important for babies. That method just isn't for me. :)


My current reads are "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins", "The No Cry Sleep Solution", and "The 90 Minute Sleep Cycle Program."

I've researched everything from teething, reflux, separation anxiety, feeding schedules, lovey's, bedtime routines, to sleep crutches.

My current physical appearance consists of dark circles, frequent yawning, and red eyes. ;)

But lucky for me, I have a wonderful hubby who is taking on a few nights each week so I can get a full night's rest at those times.

I have decided to apply the methods of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" consistently and see where it takes us. I am suppose to assess my results after a 10 day period so I'll be back on August 3rd with my findings.

Most importantly, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many sleepless nights we experience. I can honestly say there is nothing quite like be needed by your child, whatever the reason may be. I can't begin to describe the love that soars through me when one of my sweeties reaches for me, or gives me a big smile, or giggles while we play games.

God is so good and I am so blessed to be Billy Ray and Brooklyn Rose's mommy.

Now here is to a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment